Re: Scaffold API proposal 0.2

Great work so far.  :-)

It's a long, hopefully coherent email.

In the FileOpen service: how will register_file_handler() work if
something else has already registered as a handler for that mime-type?
Perhaps registering them all and presenting a dialog box asking the user
which to use?  A priority value might be handy for determining default
handlers.

In the Document interface: what's the point of get_editable()?  Am I
missing something?

present_widget(): Seems like a good idea to let the plugin determine if
the dialog should open.  (gboolean open_dialog)   The plugin author will
be the one imagining how it's being presented to the user for each
specific case, so why not give him/her the control?

What about "void open_preferences_dialog()"?

UIDataTarget: This interface seems like overkill.  It seems intended to
solve such a small, specific set of problems.  It could be much more
cleanly and easily handled by each specific interface/plugin.  My two
cents.

 - /Documents
 - Text documents collection (each child of this node implements the
 - TextDocument interface)
TextDocuments?  Not the Document interface?

Will there be anything analogous to workspaces or "solutions" consisting
of multiple projects?  Will multiple projects be able to be opened
simultaneously?

--
Samuel Kaufman <skaufman elite net>