Re: Scaffold, plugins and language independence

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 14:37, Mikoyan wrote:
> Hello scaffold developers,
>
> we have taken interest in Scaffold and its current plans.
> But we have a simple question: since glib's plugin
> system is going to be used (GModule+GTypePlugin?), what's
> the deal with plugins for scaffold and the langauge they
> are writtin in? E.g. how easy is it to write a plugin in
> python and use it without any problem?

Good question.  Well I guess the interfaces will have to be wrapped in
Python. Not to hard to do for GObjects so it should be the same for
interfaces I am assuming.  Check out
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-wrap/.  I for one
would welcome Python plugins.

--