Re: Scaffold: Code Automation Paper

> I tried using SourceNavigator (actualy SourceBase which is based off of
> SN) but it wouldn't compile under Debian because of conflicts with db1
> and db3.

If I remember correctly, you can just install the debian snav package
and the parser is a standalone binary.

> My big problems with SourceNavigator parsers are that they are
> hand written and don't use Lex and Yacc which means that they can't be
> extended with regular grammer.  I did only take a glance at them so if
> you can convince me of the robustness of these parsers (how fine grain
> do they get, do they report both column and line, are they easy to
> extend, ect.) I may change my mind.  Thanks for the heads up.

They are robust, and provide quite a bit of info (including line/col)
More info at:
http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/online-docs/progref/dbaseAPI.html
I used it successfully for a doxygen-like tool.

Extending may not be easy if you really need token level parsing.
I didn't see the original mail, but maybe you don't need a full parser.
i.e. if you know where declarations are, strstr or the like can extract
extra attributes/marker tags.

Stephen.