Re: GtkSourceView C++ syntax highlighting problem.

Gustavo Giráldez wrote:

What version of GtkSourceView are you trying?  Paolo recently rewrote
cpp.lang because it was broken.  That change went in 0.2.1.

After my previous reply I checked my GtkSourceview installation, only to discover that for some reason 0.2.1 didn't overwrite the 0.2.0 'lang' files. C++ syntax highlighting does indeed work - what a relief!

Some other quick questions.

1. Do you plan to derive GtkSourceMarker from GtkTextMark at some time in the future, or is it likely to remain a typedef. If you do plan to derive it from GtkTextMark wouldn't it be better to do it sooner rather than later (it makes it easier for me to add to an existing C++ class hierarchy).

2. I suppose it should be obvious but I'm trying to understand GtkSourceBuffer's can_undo and can_redo signals. When are they actually emitted? Are they emitted when a buffer's undo/redo state changes, and thus does their signal argument tell you 'true or false' whether changes to the buffer can be undone/redone?

3. Every langauge has a name specified in its 'lang' file (C, C++ HTML, Java etc.). I noticed you can explicitly set the source buffer language, but only by mime type. Wouldn't it be reasonable to be able to retreive the list of supported languages as a list names, and to be able to explicitly set the buffer language by name.

4. GtkSourceTagStyle could be implemented as a boxed type since it has a get_type(), copy() and free() function (being a boxed type would make it easier and cleaner for me to add to my C++ class heirarchy).

Regards,

Jeff Franks.