Anjuta 2 future features?

Hello all,

I needed to do some fixing of large HTML tables today so I apt-got
anjuta1 to use it's collapsable code paths.  I havn't used Anjuta1 since
Anjunta 2 became usable.  Wow, the code completion and collapsable code
were amazing.  Well I always thought Anjuta1 was amazing when I was
using it.

I personaly like Anjuta 2's UI and programming interface so I was
wondering what the status of development is.  Last time I realy looked
into it Anjuta 1 developers were racing to get 1.0 out the door with the
notion of moving to Anjuta 2 and putting Anjuta into maintenance mode.
Then I heard that Anjuta 2's features would take a while to catch up
with Anjuta 1 so some developers went and did a port of Anjuta 1 to Gtk
2.  Recently Anjuta 2 development pace has picked up a bit but it still
seems that the Anjuta team isn't so sure about it and have split their
efforts between the two projects thereby slowing the development of
Anjuta 2 a bit more than I had hoped for.  Please correct me if I am
wrong here.

The reason I ask is that I am the creator of gobject-factory, a gobject
boilerplate code generator.  I have always had the intention of moving
it into Anjuta 2 at some point.  I am actualy now contemplating
scrapping the whole project and creating a gobject code generator
exclusivly for Anjuta 2 that is not bogged down by the same problems
that other code generators like glade face (like overwriting changes
made by hand).

I was wondering if the same or similar in memory parsed code structure
would exist for Anjuta 2 and if I should hold my breath for it to be
implemented soon.  This would make my life easier in terms of adding
methods, properties and other such stuff dynamicly.  If it is not I can
still do it using regular expressions but that might take a small hit in
performance.  I need to know the timetable on this feature so I can
choose a path to take.  I plan to start after I get resonably far with
the current project I am working on.

Other features I would like to see (and might implement myself at some
point):

Collapsable code - great for debugging syntax
An incramental search toolbar like in anjuta 1
Python bindings or at least a dependency so I may use python ;-)  I
guess I could use Perl since gnome-build has perl dependencies but I
want python because it is easier to read others code and has the best
GTK-2 bindings available:-)