From: Harald Fernengel <harry kdevelop org>
To: Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in>
Subject: Re: [Anjuta-devel] How to develop a new project wizard ?
Date: 02 Jan 2003 02:09:29 +0100

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. As you might know KDE 3.1 is on its way so there
is
too litle time to change anything fundamentally, but after 3.1 is out we'll
make the apptemplates stand-alone. I talked with coolo (KDE coordinator)
and
ctennis (KDevelop maintainer) and they both like the idea.

The plan is to get independent application templates that can be also used
from command line to create an application skeleton. This will make the
EMacs
guys happy and integration in IDEs will be a piece of cake, so everyone
should be satisfied.

I also agree that putting the templates on a sourceforge account would be
the
best thing to do, most developers have an account there anyways. Keeping
the
CVS repositories synchronized shouldn't be a problem since I don't expect
too
many commits to the templates.

Best regards,
Harry