Re: simple project backend

Hi Timothee,

I like the idea of a simple project backend overall, but I have a
question: how do you plan to map the project itself to the current model
gnome-build imposes.

What I mean is, for the project to be displayed, you need to map the
actual project to groups, targets and sources of those targets (in the
auto* case groups are directories, targets are built things or make
rules, etc.).  Now, since your backend is meant to be as generic as
possible, how do you plan to do that?  Will this require changes in the
gnome-build API?  Showing all files in the directories seems the natural
thing to do IMO, but you still need the targets.

Implementation of project modification functions is out of the question,
which is perfectly fine.  But somehow you need to show the project,
right?  :-)

Regards,
Gustavo