Re: new, little patch and some questions

Le mar 23/12/2003 à 04:14, Gustavo M. Giráldez a écrit :
Hi!

> > > Please use diff -u.
> >
> > sorry, here are corrected patches
>
> Thanks for the patches.  I'll only comment on the gnome-build patch for
> now.
>
> The approach taken is not right.  Jeroen was the last person working on
> the build infrastructure, but as I understand it the new API is composed
> of:
>
> - gbf_project_get_build_targets(), which will return a GList of
> GbfBuildTarget, each entry with an id.  The returned build targets are
> backend dependent.  It could include "all", "install", but also ids for
> specific buildable applications or libraries in the project.
>
> - Cleaning of the project tree is done in a separate function
> gbf_project_clean(), and it's the only "build target" which is common to
> all backends (ie. all of them must implement it).
>
> - Building involves passing gbf_project_build() an id which was obtained
> from gbf_project_get_build_targets().
>
> So, to get it right, the changes needed are a bit more complex:
>
> - For once, the GbfBuildType should be removed out of gbf-project.h,
> eventually putting it in gbf-am-project.h if we decide not to change
> gbf_build_run (in gbf-am-build.c) yet.
>
> - The clean() virtual has to be implemented for the backend, it does
> nothing right now.
>
> - impl_get_build_targets() should return a comprehensive list of all the
> supported targets by gbf_build_run(), and impl_build() should queue only
> those operations, rejecting unknown ids.
>
> Could you make a new patch with these changes instead?  Feel free to ask
> any questions you like.  You can mail me directly, but cc: the list
> please.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gustavo

thx for your comments :), sorry for this mistake...
As I'm not on my computer for now I can't do much immediatly, I'll work on it
after hollidays (ands perhaps after january which should be a busy month) and
resend it as you request.
You could perhaps commit at least the part of the patch that fix a typo and
allow gnome-build to compile again, it's easy to fix but would help new commers
to get started :)

--
aurelien