Re: Scaffold 0.1 "Bring on the scaffolding!"

Hi John,

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 16:21, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Doh!!! 2.3.  Looks like I will have to get back on the Garnome.  In that
> case there will be no new debs until 2.4 comes out in September.
> Hopfully Debian Unstable will update Gnome quickly.  If someone can find
> me a Gnome 2.3 debian repository that might speed things up a bit.

I'm not sure scaffold _doesn't_ run on GNOME 2.2, but since i'm running
2.3 for several months now and going back and verifying that it runs on
2.2 is quite a lot of work, i just entered 2.3 as a requirement...

> A few shout comments/questions on these items:
>
> > - Support for "CodeInsight" popups and tooltips in glimmer (requires
> > GtkSourceView work).
> > - GObject wizard plugin: easy tool to create a new GObject derived class
> > instead of copy/pasting/writing it yourself.
> > - Symbol browser needs serious love.
>
> Not sure if this is glimmer or gtksourceview work at all.  I was playing
> with the idea of using sourcebase (sourcebase.sf.net) to do this work.
> It basicly keeps a database of all symbols in your source code which can
> be queried against.  I need this for the GObject wizard (though in my
> mind gobject editing would be more than just a wizard, extending to the
> ability to add and remove methods, properties and signals on the fly).
> On the way I could implement CodeInsight & the Symbol Browser and hook
> it in with DevHelp.
>
> What do you think?

You make it sound so simple :)

But seriously, that's _lot_ of _hard_ work. It would rock if you got it
to work.

Jeroen