Status thingy.

As I mentioned before, I think it's a good idea for a few status
reports and TODO lists to fly around gnome-devtools, in an attempt to
get everyone on the same page.

So here's what I'm working on in general:

* The plugin system

I'm going to be continuing to work on making the tools easier and
nicer to write.  This includes documentation and utility functions.

* The debugger

I'm still working on the debugger.  I still haven't checked it in, as
I keep moving files around and making big changes to things like
formatting and naming.  You're just gonna have to trust that it's
going to be really nice when it's checked in :)

* Project Manager

I'm not working on it much now, except for the new project wizard, but
I think I'm going to start sticking my dirty little hands into it
sometime soon.

And here's what I'm working on in the short, middle, and long term
(amended a bit after the discussion on anjuta-devel).

Short term (ie this weekend) :

I'm going to be checking in my new simpler plugin system.  This is
basically done and mostly tested, I just want to change a few strings
and write up a description of it for the list before I check it in.

I'm also working on gnome-build a bit, to make the controls normal
everyday widgets (they don't take advantage of bonobo in any way,
there's no reason why they should be controls).  I'm also working on
the building code, to make that all nice and stuff.

I'll probably check in the new project wizard that I'm working on.
Right now it only generates bonobo components ('cause that was the
most interesting project to implement).  I'll probably try to make it
support simple gnome applications before I check it in (if I don't get
around to that this weekend I'll just check it in how it is).

I also plan on documenting the basic shell/tool relationship, the
AnjutaShell and AnjutaTool classes, and probably the AnjutaDocument
and AnjutaDocumentManager stuff.  In the end I'd like to have a basic
overview and tutorial about writing a tool for anjuta2.

I'll probably work on some HACKING/styleguide/build instruction sort
of things.

I'm also planning on cleaning up bugzilla a bit.  Anjuta2, being the
first module listed in bug-buddy, gets a lot of bogus bugs.  I'm going
to clean those out.  Then I'm gonna throw all the items in
anjuta2/TODO that are still relevant into bugzilla, and take a look at
anjuta1's feature requests and put relevant ones in bugzilla.

I'm also going to watch some movies.  I was thinking maybe Mallrats
and X-Men.

Middle term

In the next few weeks I want to talk to gustavo and jpr about maybe
making gnome-build backends gobject-based plugins rather than bonobo.
One thing corba is really not good at representing is trees, and
gnome-build projects are basically big trees.

I'm planning on writing some sort of MarkerManager class for managing
markers (like breakpoints and stuff) across files and projects and
stuff.  I'll be using this in the upcoming debugger plugin.

Sometime in the next month or two I hope to have the debugger to a
point where it can do some simple debugging reliably.  Then I'll check
it in.

I want to move some of the document manipulation functions into the
AnjutaDocument interface.

I also want to put together nightly rpm snapshots of anjuta2 and
related modules.  A side-effect of this would be that I could put up
tarballs of cvs easily.

Realistically in the short and middle term I might not have much time.
As gnome 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 get closer, I'm going to be pretty busy at
work.  But we'll see how much I can fit in.

Long term

As the plugin system matures (it's getting there) I'm going to start
trying to focus on the debugger more, and also fix some low-hanging
fruit in other pieces.