Re: CVS tarballs

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 06:25, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to familiarize myself with the 2.x codebase now that GNOME2
> has more-or-less stabilized. Unfortunately, I (and some other guys
> working on 1.x codebase) am behind company firewall which does not allow
> CVS access :-(
>
> So, would it be possible to provide hourly/nightly tarballs using a cron
> job for anjuta2 and the other related CVS modules at SF like Anjuta 1.x
> (http://anjuta.sf.net/cvs/).

I think I can figure that out.  I'll put it on my todo list.

> Also, what is the status of 2.x ? Does it offer more stuff than 1.x ?
> Where do the discussions take place (since this ML seems strangely
> silent :-() ? Who is the official maintainer ? Who are the main
> developers ? Is there a temporary website where the roadmap, TODO, etc.
> are kept ? How does one start hacking Anjuta 2 ? I would be grateful for
> any pointers.

Development discussion generally takes place on the #devel-apps irc
channel on irc.gimp.org.  Ideally, we should be bringing more things to
the list.  We're going to try to be better about that.

The official maintainers of anjuta2 are naba kumar and jp rosevear.

The main developers of various parts are (sorry if I'm leaving someone
out, my memory is fuzzy):

The shell (plugin loading and main ui): dave and jp (jeroen and gustavo
wrote the docking widget, which is used in the shell)
libanjuta (helper routines for plugins): dave, jp, dirk
project manager plugin: jp
document manager plugin: dave, jeroen
symbol browser plugin: naba (using the tagmanager from anjuta1)
shell-output: roberto
all the other plugins: various authors, most notably dirk

(full names are Dirk Vangestel, Naba Kumar, Jeroen Zwartepoorte, Gustavo
Giráldez, JP Rosevear, Roberto Majadas, and Dave Camp).

There is no website.  The TODO is in cvs, although I've been meaning to
move it to bugzilla.

I ever know how to answer the "how does one start hacking anjuta2"
question.  Pick a project that interests you and go for it.  Ask on the
list to see if anyone else is doing it.

Have fun,

-dave