Re: [Anjuta-devel] interface to use for editor components...

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 08:54, anjuta-devel-admin lists sourceforge net
wrote:

> Hello anjuta developers,
>
> I'm the author of gnome-vim (http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim).
> Since releasing it in December I've received lots of positive
> feedback, including several requests to "make it work with foo".
>
> Currently gnome-vim supports the gtkhtml interface, which
> isn't really appropriate for a text editor, but I implemented
> it anyways because I wanted to use vim with Evolution.  But
> it's time for gnome-vim to grow up and support some other
> interfaces, too, so that the "pluggable editors" gain some
> momentum in Gnome.
>
> So what interface should I implement so that gnome-vim will
> play nicely with Anjuta?  Do you support any Bonobo interfaces
> for editors?  (I've taken a quick look through the 0.1.8 sources
> but didn't see any support for editor components.)

Anjuta 1.x has no support for pluggable editors - it is pretty tightly
tied with Scintilla. Anjuta 2.x has support for pluggable editors which
support the <I forgot the name - Naba ?> interface, but that is in alpha
right now.

Rgds,
Biswa.