[Help Wanted] Recent stability issues with Anjuta 1.x

Hi all

We have been experiencing some serious stability issues with the recent
builds of Anjuta 1.x - probably to do with the new file and symbol
browsers. Unfortunately, these are pretty difficult to correct since
they are apprantly related to memory corruption. We desperately need
some help on this issue.

I've uploaded a tarball of my local tree here:

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/biswapesh/Downloads/anjuta-0.1.9-bc.tar.gz

This contains some fixes to the tagmanager and symbol and file browsers.
I'm hoping this has fixed the memory corruption problem.

Please help us identify the problem by following these steps:

a) Download the tarball (appr. 2.9 MB)
b) Build and install in a stand-alone directory:
	$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/some/tmp/dir && make && make install
	(You'll need a standard Gnome 1.4 setup with the devel packages)
c) Use this binary for your normal work - e.g. opening existing
projects, creating new projects, etc. The tarball also contains the
anjuta_import.sh script which will automatically create a 'PRJ' file for
your custom project.
d) If it crashes, allow the Gnome bug reporting tool to continue till it
reaches the backtrace. Then cut-n-paste the backtrace and send it to me
or the anjuta-devel list.
e) If it does not crash after a significant amount of punishment -
please report that too, so that we know that the issue has gone away.
f) Please also send any feedback/issues you feel like.

Jens (and all those who have been having stability problems with the CVS
build) - can you please try this build - this is especially important
since only some people seem to experience the crashes (I, for example,
have been unable to reproduce this in my local tree since I applied the
g_malloc0() fix.)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Biswa.