Re: Re: [Anjuta-devel] Gnome2 diff/merge/cvs tool

Seems like a small price to pay for such a good tool.  Python 2.2 is
packaged in Debian Woody which means it is most likely an easy install
from most distros (and in fact can be boostraped by jhbuild), Debian
being conservative and all. Pygtk and gnome-python is in reality one
dependency and orbit-python is just the price of using Bonobo and CORBA.

Actualy there has been talk about making python (or some other similar
language) into a standard scripting component of Anjunta 2 and I would
not want to see these plans derailed because of dependancy concerns.

The point is moot though since Anjuta 2 is so beautifully componentized
that meld could have extra Bonobo code to integrate with Anjuta 2 if and
only if Meld is installed on the users system.  In other words Meld just
becomes another plugin.  If one doesn't want the dependancies they just
don't install Meld.

A simple solution that should satisfy everyone.  Of course I could be
wrong :-)

--
J5