Re: need some suggestions for good IDE UI

On 30 Aug 2002 18:13:45 -0300
Gustavo Giráldez <gustavo giraldez gmx net> wrote:

> > So where do I put the menus & toolbars? There need to be some global
> > project related items and some specific to a particular page.
>
> I think you're talking of anjuta1 here.  But if it's anjuta2 you're
> refering to, then you should be able to do this relatively easily with
> the GdlDock widget.

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting. Doy you mean swaping toolbars
around as the current page changes?

> Just deriving your specialized toplevel dock object
> (from GdlDock) should suffice.  Probably you will need some API
> additions to the current implementation, but I would be willing to do
> them if this proves to be useful (and doesn't get specific).

That's ver kind you, hopefully I will not need anything new. I've no
idea about implementation just yet, I'm just thinking about the visual
aspect at the moment.

BTW are there any screenshots of anjuta2 around? You're right I'd only
been looking at anjuta1.

Duncan