add source use case

Hi all,

I've written some simple code this morning that (almost) successfully
adds a file to a project using the automake backend in gnome-build.
Gustavo & i are continuing to work on this.

In the mean time, i'd like some input on how to best do this from a user
perspective.

In anjuta1, you add a new file like this:
1. File->New File
2. Edit & Save
3. Project->Add->Source
4. Select file & click OK.

Now, we (gustavo & i) have been thinking of merging steps 2, 3, & 4
somehow:
1. File->New File
2. Edit & Save
3. After Save, ask the user whether he wants to add the file to the
project (assuming a project is currently opened).
4. Display a dialog to select the target to which the source needs to be
added etc.
5. Tell the backend in gnome-build to add the source.

Now this implies some sort of link between the document- and
project-manager, which doesn't exist atm (afaik).

What's a good way to do this? Listen for the "uri_changed" signal on the
current document? Assuming that when you receive this signal, you want
to ask the user whether to add the new file to the project (signal is
emitted when you save an untitled file).
Unfortunately, i'm not clear on when this signal is emitted. It's also
emitted in the load_uri method.

Ideas? Comments?

Jeroen