Two questions

Last year I saw a screenshot showing the GNOME fatal error dialog with a "Debug" option in addition to the regular "Close" and "Submit a bug report." Is it possible to replace the GNOME fatal error dialog without relinking all my apps? Where can I find out more?

I can open two copies of gIDE if I run each under a different user ID. The two gIDEs interfere if run under the same user ID. I'd like to understand this behavior but I don't know where to start looking. Is this a bonobo behavior? OAF? Could someone explain it at a high level?

-Ed