Re: IDLs defined?

> Maybe it would be nice to make a list of all tools we
> would like to be accessible from within an IDE? And
> make sure we get a complete coverage of required
> functionality. Something like this:
> Tool name      Description                  Available?
> gIDE           IDE framework                yes
> gnome-debug    debugging interface          yes
> glade          GUI development              no (1)
> gnome-build2   Build interface              yes
> gnome-vcs      version control interface    no (2)
> gvd            debugger front-end           no (4)
> GtkTrace       trace tool                   no (1)
>                general purpose editor       yes (3)
> gob            object builder               no (1)
> bakery         C++ framework                no (1)
> PonG           preference dialog creator    no (1)
>
> (1): only available as a stand alone application
> (2): in development
> (3): gIDE switches editor depending on MIME type
> (4): not needed, since we have gnome-debug?

Interesting matrix. I'll extended it.

Tool name      Description                  What is needed to
                                            run with IDE.
                                            (IDE side)          (Tool side)
gIDE           IDE framework                -
gnome-debug    debugging interface          ?                   ?
glade          GUI development              ?                   ?
gnome-build2   Build interface              ?                   ?
gnome-vcs      version control interface    ?                   ?
gvd            debugger front-end           ?                   ?
GtkTrace       trace tool                   compile set         bonobo-nize?
Emacs          general purpose editor       ?                   corba support?
gob            object builder               ?                   ?
bakery         C++ framework                ?                   ?
PonG           preference dialog creator    ?                   ?

Fill the free slot:)

Masatake