Progress Report

After working out the PersistFile code for GlimmerFile and getting it
usable as a nautilus/gIDE component, I moved on to the exciting task of
getting the syntax highlighting back on-line. What I have come up with
is the following:

GdlLanguageSpec:
   XML based language definition based on the ideas that I have
developed in Glimmer. This object will provide an option menu
   of available specifications. There will be a widget for each
   GlimmerFile I think...probably will be easiest that way.

GdlStyleCache:
   Colors, fonts, styles for text segments in an editor also based
   on concepts from Glimmer. Provides a menu item:
   /Settings/Highlight Settings and cooresponding dialog, as well as
   signals for components that need to know when any data has changed.

GdlKeySpec:
   XML based specification for keybindings. Provides an option menu
   of available keybinding sets. This would be a global thing rather
   than one for each file.

These three interfaces will provide most of the basis behind the
configuration of the GlimmerFile editor widget in regard to visual
changes. If Dave and JP think these interfaces would be useful in GDL,
great, if not, they will be linked in with the GlimmerFile library and
will still be usable from gIDE.

Comments, Questions?

Later,
Chris

--

http://glimmer.sourceforge.net - My pet project
http://uberhackers.dhs.org - My personal website

./configure --prefix=/dev/mocha --enable-caffeine