Re: SF/Bugzilla integration

--- Owen Fraser-Green <owen discobabe net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My previous post just now concerning moving the home
> page to SF just gave
> me an idea.

About this move: moving the home page there would be a
good solution, as long as we don't move the code with
it which wouldn't make sense to me.

> Maybe this has already been thought of
> and discussed before but
> it would be nice to have some modules which
> integrate with SF and similar
> systems.

This hasn't come up yet as far as I know.

> Take the SF's task management system for
> example. It would be nice
> if there were plugin which provided gIDE with a
> front-end to it. The same
> goes for bug management. Think bugzilla. Hmmm.

Well, nothing prevents you from writing a plugin :-)
Which reminds me, I should write some documentation
for that...

> I've done some poking around and noticed that both
> SF and bugzilla already
> have a XML-RPC API in progress which could be used
> to do exactly these
> things.
>
> I have a few other gIDE ideas ranging from ambitious
> to fantasy. If the web
> hosting issue for gIDE gets resolved soon it would
> be nice to have have a
> wikiwikiweb section where I and others can describe
> these ideas.

What's wrong with this mailing list? I agree a wiki is
a slightly better place to do it, but it's not like
there are dozens of people involved here...

Dirk