Re: configure the file chooser

On Thu, 2018-05-10 at 15:09 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On 10 May 2018 at 14:53, Stefan Klinger <mail.gnome.org@stefan-klinge
r.de>

  * When I change the File Chooser's window size, or toggle
visibility
    of hidden files, please don't remember these settings.  I want
    them temporary.

That's not possible.

I'd really love it if files/directories starting with a . were hidden
by default, but with a "show hidden files" expando thingy in the UI,
marked inactive of course if there weren't any.  E.g. i have over 400
dot files in my login directory, and although i prune them sometimes on
a long flight, lots of programs have not moved to using dotdir or
.config or whatever. But i could be root looking at a user's login
directory or a backed-up copy, too... and some applications make lots
of dot files, e.g. to hold metadata about files (sigh).

liam

Click here to have the slave tied up.