Re: download.gnome.org/binaries/win32 gobject/gparam.h deprecated warning after MinGW update to gcc 6.3

On 08/22/2017 05:48 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:

On 08/15/2017 04:16 PM, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro wrote:
Hey David,

have a look at https://github.com/wingtk/gvsbuild
With this script you can build new binaries.

Cheers.

Awesome,

  I knew there had to be an easier way. Thank you Ignacio!

Grumble... only downside is they require installing VS (2013/2015) for the
build system to work. It is a complete Microsoft VS build system, not for MinGW :(

Base install of VS is over a Gigabyte if you take their defaults. Yikes!

I'll have to look further to see if there is a project that supports a rebuild
on MinGW. Requiring a VS install is a bit awkward and injects a proprietary
build tool in what should be a complete opensoure project.

Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.