Developing using libraries installed via jhbuild

I used jhbuild to download and install the most recent version of the GTK and GtkSourceView libraries (both 3.12). These most recent versions are installed in ~/jhbuild/install.

I also have GTK 3.10, GtkSourceView 3.10, and Clang installed in the usual system directories (/usr/include, /usr/lib64).

I would like to develop an application using GTK 3.12, GtkSourceView 3.12, and Clang. How do I configure configure.ac to search for the GTK and GtkSourceView in ~/jhbuild/install instead of /usr/include while ensuring that libclang is still found in /usr/lib64. Currently, I'm using pkg_config to detect the GTK libraries.