configure script requires intltool

Hi,

I've written a simple program and based the build setup on the gnome-hello Git repository [1]. However, when I do a "make dist" and run the configure script on another computer, I get complaints that intltool is too old, or that it doesn't exist:

    ./configure: line 11982: intltool-update: command not found
    checking for intltool >= 0.40.0...  found
    configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.40.0 or later.

The tarball should including any intltool things that are needed, shouldn't it?

I get the same result with gnome-hello itself, doing:

    $ git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnome-hello
    $ cd gnome-hello
    $ ./autogen-sh
    $ make
    $ cp /usr/share/gnome-doc-utils/gnome-doc-utils.make .
    $ make dist

Gives me a package that won't build unless I have intltool installed. Is this how it should be? Seems strange to me, since typically no build tools like autoconf etc are required on the user computer. I was thinking the intltool scripts should get bundled when I do "intltoolize" but it doesn't do that.

I'm using autoconf 2.68, automake 1.11, intltool 0.50.2, gnome-common 3.1.0 on a Ubuntu 12.04 system.

Regards,
Simon Kågedal Reimer