GDM Login

Hello,

I am the author of tokentube, an integration component for LUKS
encrypted disks and PAM. There are some conceptual slides about
tokentube in case you're interested:
http://programm.froscon.org/2009/attachments/93_From%20PBA%20To%
20Login.pdf

For convenience, my software provides a configurable option to cache the
credentials provided by the user for the LUKS decryption
("Pre-Boot-Authentication") and to automatically attempt a desktop login
using those credentials. I am now looking for the easiest and/or
conceptually best approach to implement this behaviour with GNOME >=
2.28.

For the older GNOME releases I implemented a replacement gdmgreeter
binary that passes the cached credentials to the GDM server socket. If
successful, the GNOME session is than started - otherwise my replacement
gdmgreeter simply executes the original gdmgreeter binary to allow
manual login.

What would be the most suitable approach to implement this functionality
for the newer GDM subsystem?

Thanks
Jürgen