Re: GNOME "Save as" dialog; Keyboard indicator applet

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 09:58 +0100, Lumir Jasiok wrote:
> > Surely this is something that our "User Profile Editor" (sabayon) can
> > do. You just open a GNOME session in the User Profile Editor, add the
> > applet to the panel, configure the applet, close the session, and mark
> > the changes as for every user.
> >

> Thx. a lot, I think that this can solve my problem with keyboard applet
> for now.
>
> And what about the second question? I was looked that the "Save as"
> dialog is defined at libgtk2 package. So I was wondering if this is the
> right place for filtering the directory structure that is displayed to user.

What exactly would you like to do? If you would just like to hide some
directories, I think you can do this via the .hidden file, which should
just mention the name of the directory and file from the current
directories that you want to hide.

I guess that you can do this in Sabayon to make it apply to all users.

I'm sure that there's some official information about this somewhere,
but it's very hard to google for ".hidden" because of the ".".

Ideally this would be mentioned in the GNOME System Administration
Guide, possibly in this section:
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/appendixa-0.html

--
Murray Cumming