gnome-volume-manager doubt

Hi.

First of all, i would like to say that I don't know if this is the
right place for this question. As I couldn't find a more specific
list, I am sending this question here. I am wondering if you could
help or point someone that can.

I work for a company, and here we use a diskless environment (network
boot). People who work here have different levels of computational
knowledge. Some people don't use X, and others are people who use
windows at their home computers.

We use Debian 4.0, and I installed gnome-volume-manager in order to
use pen drives automount. Gnome-volume-manager doesn't require that we
put the mountpoints entries in etc/fstab; But, if I don't put the
entries in fstab the user that don't use X, won't  be able to mount
pendrives without root privilegies. If I put the entries in fstab, gvm
mount the pendrive, but I can't unmount them by clicking on the
unmount option in the context menu. That occurs because i have
something like this on fstab:

/dev/sda1       /mnt/pensda1 auto        noauto,users,umask=000     0       0

When I insert the pendrive, /dev/sda1 is registred on mtab. When I try
to unmount by clicking on the unmount option I get this error:

"umount: /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 is not mounted
(according to mtab)"

I downloaded and read the gvm source and I could fix the problem by
changing the umount function so that it obtains, in case of failure,
(via hal calls) the mountpoint and them i use this to umount.

But, I would like to know if there is another way to fix this, and if
there isn't, if this would be accepted as a patch (is there a problem
with thsi solution?).

Thanks and sorry about the English errors :-)

--
Leandro
"Use Free Software!. Help us make a Free World!"

O que é o Software Livre?
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.pt.html