Re: Allow donations for precise bugs
- From: Maurizio Colucci <seguso forever tin it>
- To: Nadyne Mielke <nmielke acm org>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Allow donations for precise bugs
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:43:41 +0100
First of all, I apologize for how poorly I explained myself.
What happens if the developer doesn't implement the feature (got busy,
couldn't do it, simply disapeared, whatever)?
In my idea, if he does not work and deliver:
* at the end of the time limit, he gets bad votes from his donators; he
will loose reputation points, which will make it difficult to find
donations next time;
* he does not get all the money, since money is not transferred all in
advance to his bank account, but delayed.
For a more detailed explanation of what I am proposing, please have a look
The site could also offer an option to have the developer sign a legal
contract, which would give even more guarantees to donators. I am
investigating this possibility. OTOH, it might be that the reputation system
is already sufficient.
] [Thread Prev