Dissolving Folders

I had a idea about directory browsing in Nautilus recently, where you
could right click on a folder and choose the option "Dissolve" where the
contents of that would dissolve or be transferred into the parent
directory, but only for in a graphical sense (ie: not actually transferred).

After the "Dissolve" has occurred, in the parent directory where the
dissolved directory is found, right clicking on the background of window
gives the options of "Resolve" (returning dissolved folders to their
original state) or "Make Dissolve permnament" (where the files are
actually transferred to the parent directory).

I just thought it might be a good idea or at least a nice feature.