Re: Hacking Metacity

Hi,

The thing to understand is that events are going through two places.

First GDK hands the raw Xlib events to event_callback()

If an event survives event_callback(), then it is processed by GDK and
sent to GTK+, where it can be routed to the MetaFrames widget.

GDK will convert a scroll event to GdkEventScroll rather than a button
event.

You should also dig up old bugzilla discussion on the feature you have
in mind, I think we decided against adding this feature to the mainline,
and there may already be a patch on the bug.

Havoc