RE: getting the pnael window object

В Пнд, 04/04/2005 в 22:03 +0530, Manikandan Thangavelu пишет:
> Basically, I want to hide the Panel when my application is running. I don't need decorations for my top level application window. I managed to put my application window on top of the panel, but when some dialog pops up from my application the panel again comes in front. What could be the reason for this?
> I tried to find the key toplevel_id_list in /apps/panel/general. But couldn't find such a key. I am using Redhat Linux 9 with Gnome 2.2.Where could I find it and what is the value to be set.
>
> I will also try gdk_window_set_keep_above.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Manikandan T

Look at recent control center sources in gnome-control-center/typing-
break/. It just the code you need.  You can try it with keyboard capplet
by enabling typing break.

As for popups I don't think they should be the problem. Probably such
bug was in old metacity but now both gnome-terminal and this small
program work fine and doesn't let panel rise.

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

gboolean clicked_cb (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
{
    GtkWidget *dialog;
    dialog = gtk_message_dialog_new (GTK_WINDOW(data),
                                     GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
                                     GTK_MESSAGE_ERROR,
                                     GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE,
                                     NULL);
    gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG(dialog));
}

int main( int   argc,
          char *argv[] )
{
    GtkWidget *window;
    GtkWidget *vbox;
    GtkWidget *button;
    GtkWidget *label;

    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    vbox = gtk_vbox_new (0, FALSE);
    button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("Push me");
    label = gtk_label_new ("");
    gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER(vbox), button);
    gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER(vbox), label);
    gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER(window), vbox);

    g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (button), "clicked", G_CALLBACK
(clicked_cb), window);

    gtk_widget_show_all (window);

    gdk_window_fullscreen (window->window);

    gtk_main ();