Socket Programming in GNOME?

Are there any wrappers or classes for doing socket programming (or XML-RPC) in
GNOME?

I started writing a GNOME blog client (inflection.sourceforge.net) and the only
thing I'm missing is the code to do the XML-RPC (Which is an HTTP Post). I have
another friend who says he can help me if we move it to QT, but I have an
irrational hatred for all things QT/KDE. SO can someone please help me save
this project from becomming QT based.

P.S. The current version at inflection.sourceforge.net is in python (a
prototype) but I have a C/GNOME version on my machine

thank you,
ethan