Re: new mime detection approach

On Mit, 2004-01-14 at 21:20, Fabio Gomes wrote:
> I have one more suggestion for a solution: When the regex match and the
> content differs, the Open With menu could show available applications
> for both file types.

I think that's a nice idea. One could display a dialog explaining it to
the user and then let him give a choice (with the sniffed one being the
default). Probably there should be two options:
1) rename the file to match the extension the sniffed content. I don't
know if this is possible for all content types, just a quick idea.
2) don't sniff files anymore with this extension. This one is possibly
controversial (wrt security) but it counters the argument of not being
able to influence the sniffer.

Jürg