Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach
- From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
- To: "Pedro M." <pmacv telefonica net>
- Cc: Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk>, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:07:25 +0100
Le mar 13/01/2004 à 23:11, Pedro M. a écrit :
> > The problem is that you need a correct answer to the question "did
> > this file change since last time?". And there is no way to get that
> > without reading the file, as far as I know.
> Or something similar to md5 checksum
That's silly: imagine recomputing the md5sums of a folder containing 30G
of video data (I have one of those). Unconditionally re-sniffing the
files would be 100000 times faster, at least.
] [Thread Prev