Re: Gnome Desktop Language

Hi

> Frankly I think Java will not succeed in this area
> until there's a
> viable open source implementation. GCJ is promising
> but it doesn't fully
> implement the Java specs yet, and performance isn't
> optimal.

It doesnt need to implement the full spec before
becoming useful. WINE didnt emulate all of windows api
either

GCC 4.0 will improve the situation with gcj. anybody
working on these things can get major apps like
eclipse and tomcat compiled using gcj. redhat rawhide
already contains some interesting bits

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram