Re: Gnome widgets: Do they work well in non-Gnome environments?

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 12:16, Hans Deragon wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
>

> Could you tell me why then there is a disctinction with GTK, GTK+ and Gnome
> widgets?  Why not put everything in a single library?  Is there a practical
> reason or only historic?

Various reasons.  Some GNOME widgets rely on non-GTK+ things.  Some are,
indeed, historic.  Others are simply because GNOME wanted some-such
widget that GTK+ didn't.  GTK+ 2.6 is going to move several of the
GNOME-ish widgets into GTK+, iirc, such as the About dialog.

Put simply, GTK+ is(was) just a simple GUI toolkit, while GNOME is a
full application development suite.

> Sincerely,
> Hans Deragon
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.