Re: Immediate window update
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Spencer Buckner <bucknersa attglobal net>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Immediate window update
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:26:52 -0400
On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:13:35AM -0700, Spencer Buckner wrote:
> Is there another method that does not rely on the somewhat arbitrary
> choice of a value for imax? Any other comments?
Your second method just works because of timing, i.e. you wait long
enough that events eventually arrive.
It's obviously a race condition to do it this way and will break on
machines with different CPU speed or load. The only non-race way to
repaint is to repaint in expose event handlers, and be sure you run
the main loop reasonably often.
] [Thread Prev