Re: "X +bs" bug with ggv and others (gnome-canvas?)
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Fabio Gomes de Souza <fabio gs2 com br>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-libs-devel gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: "X +bs" bug with ggv and others (gnome-canvas?)
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:33:25 -0400
On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 08:08, Fabio Gomes de Souza wrote:
> But there is a problem now: some GNOME applications do not work properly
> when I use the +bs option. As far as I can remember, these are:
> - GGV shows me nothing but blank pages
> - The Theme capplet, when previewing metathemes, shows something like
> memory dumps instead of actual previews
The theme capplet problem is unrelated to backing store, it was
a bug in GTK+-2.2.2 that is fixed in GTK+-2.2.3.
No idea about GGV... if it really is backing-store related, than
all I can imagine is that it is buggy and somehow doesn't know
to redraw until it gets the right expose event. Note that GGV
is using ghostscript in some way to do the drawing, so it may
not be related to GTK+ at all.
I don't really understand your overall problem - I'd assume that
VNC would keep a complete screen image and not require any
network traffic for exposes at the client side.
] [Thread Prev