Re: Converting GTK project to GNOME 2

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 20:45, Michael Meeks wrote:

>   _Unfortunately_ today's world being what it is - you almost
> certainly want to use SOAP for internet wide IPC - since it goes
> through fire-walls. So checkout the 'soup' module.

Done - I have no idea what that is, but there's always this weekend to
find out...

>   Yep - plain libglade / gtk+ sounds good for everything GUI. Of
> course - if you think you can feasibly use a mail / file transport
> for the game moves - it'd be nice to have a bonobo component that
> can be used inside evolution for making moves etc. Depending if you
> think that's a good idea - the same thing would view boards inside
> nautilus; it just depends if that's worth doing :-) Hopefully in
> some ideal future it'd also plug into Mozilla ... but problems there
> some of the chicken and egg variety.

Ooo, play by mail with evolution! Nice, never thought of that. Tell you
what though, how about I actually get a working GNOME app here before I
start chasing rainbows ;o)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I write a good widget for the board it
can always be packed into a component later? So it's not as if the
Bonobo option is off the table for good.

--
Cheers,
Rich.