UTF-8 in zvt widget

Hi Havoc,
is it all going well with GNOME 2.0? hope so...
I have today rewritten the UTF8 support in zvt
looking closely at xterm code just to be sure :)
(essentially I grabbed its UTF-8 parser)
anyway I have (and also xterm seems to have )
problems with characters/font rendering, I mean that
I can see UCS-2 level 1 chars on my MGT term (grabbing them
for example from
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/UTF-8-demo.txt
but if I try to delete a characters sequence
I can also delete bash prompt meaning that chars width
is someway wrong...have you any idea/suggestion about that?

					thanks Cristiano
P.S.
This weekend I'll send my patches for zvt widget but
I'll not include UTF-8 patches because they're not enough
tested yet (I had to make significant changes to the code
because now each terminal cell is 32bit wide, i.e. it's
a wide char while attributes are stored in a separate 32
bit cell), do you agree?

--
  Cristiano De Michele,
  Department of Physics,