Re: new file selector dialog?

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 19:43, Pawel Salek wrote:

> I guess this is a question of taste. Actually, I like the present
> GtkFileSelector quite much since it has convenient keyboard support and
> tab expansion. So, IMO, it is quite user friendly and definetely
> productive.

Agreed. When finally I figured it out I began to love it.
But, I'm a computer savy person with shell experience. What about the
average (now also targeted) user? No way they'll ever try tab completion

> The only problem I experienced so far was a tendence to "loose" the
> filename

IMO, when we accept that no new selector will go into 2.0 what is needed
is a.) a fix to the loosing problem (taken care of AFAIK) and B.) A HELP
BUTTON EXPLAINING BASIC USAGE.
--

I did not vote for the Austrian government