Re: new file selector dialog?

On 2002.03.07 18:56 Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> With the upcoming release of GTK2, I thought the file selector
dialog maybe re-designed...To my surprise its still the same in 1.3.15, why is that?
hmmm... that'd disappoint me a lot... I love everything I saw 'till
now
on Gtk 1.3 but Gtk 1.2's file selection dialog is anything but
produtive and user friendly

I guess this is a question of taste. Actually, I like the present GtkFileSelector quite much since it has convenient keyboard support and tab expansion. So, IMO, it is quite user friendly and definetely productive.

The only problem I experienced so far was a tendence to "loose" the filename when using the file selector for saving but I do not have any "user friendly" ideas.

-pawel