missed canvas events for CanvasRect items when root group transformed?

I believe I've found a bug in the canvas that arises when an affine transform has been
applied to the root group.

I was wondering if this was a known problem or if I should submit a minimal test case to demonstrate it. The problem is that, after applying an affine transform to the root group on a canvas, CanvasRect items no longer get mouseover or any other events. This is NOT true of CanvasEllipse items. The transform I'm using is an inversion and offset of the y-axis, whether that's necessary to see the bug I'm not sure.

Anyone seen this?

I am in fact using the gtkmm interface, so it's possible the bug is there, but I was under the impression that gtkmm was mostly a straight m4 transformation of the gtk+ code.

Thanks,
Bob