Feature freeze ? [was: Re: Reminder of dates]

Seth said:

>Given how much of things like the panel are having to be rewritten to
>work with the new platform, I think the date is way too agressive. We
>should *definitely* stick by our guns on the freeze, but I think its
>worth considering allowing Panel "feature" work to continue past the
>date (given the current state of the panel...
>
>-Seth

I agree with Seth that we should have a 'staggered' feature-freeze,
libraries with more dependants need to feature-freeze sooner than things
higher in the food chain.

The other variable in the equation, as has been pointed out, is the
ability to provide certain 'requirements' for 2.0 (accessibility being
the one singled out on the list so far).  Though there are bound to be
compromises everywhere in order to come close to schedule, identifying
these requirements and also identifying 'risk/dependency' levels for
various libraries will give a background for the policies the 2-0
release group will be setting.

-Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279