XML-RPC & Gnome

Hello!  I'm a Gnome user, and an XML-RPC developer.  I maintain the XML-RPC
HOWTO, and I wrote much of xmlrpc-c.

XML-RPC is (basically) an ancestor of SOAP.  It's not quite as well-suited
to transaction processing and DCOM gateways as SOAP, but it's much simpler.

Basically, SOAP is excellent for talking to Microsoft products.  CORBA is
excellent for all sorts of component models.  But XML-RPC really shines if
you need to talk to lots of different scripting languages, and you don't
have time to write SOAP or CORBA bindings for each one.

XML-RPC is currently used by the RedHat Network and by KDE.  Eric Raymond
even said some nice things about it. :-)

So, the big question: How do I go about making XML-RPC play nicely with
Gnome?  Should I speak to the SOUP maintainers?  Should I write some glue
code to connect xmlrpc-c with a Gnome networking library?
And whom should I talk to about this kind of stuff?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Eric

--