Re: Heated agreement? (was) Re: Canvas shortcomings

That's fine, because I said:

> I would suggest that we put SVP rendering into the XRender extension.
> We then can do pretty much anything that pdf 1.4 can do, but with the
> significant speed advantages that a presorted polyline set gives.

Do we have a verdict on what the rendering system is going to be?  I've
been waiting over a year now for someone who people take seriously to
actually do something about this.  I am willing to spend time
implementing something (actually, I already have implemented something -
tarpaulin), but there is little gain from working on something that should
really not need to exist.

My point: I don't see what value there is in building complex systems such
as bonobo on top of something as primative (wrt current technology and
needs) as plain X.  Gnome-print is nice, but are we going to use it for
all drawing operations, or only printing?

njh, another person close to dumping Gnome in favour of KDE.