Re: Message Boxes / 5:3 Ratio
- From: Karl Eichwalder <keichwa gmx net>
- To: Mike Sangrey <msangrey bluefelthat org>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, Liam Quin <liam holoweb net>
- Subject: Re: Message Boxes / 5:3 Ratio
- Date: 29 Jan 2001 06:55:01 +0100
Mike Sangrey <msangrey bluefelthat org> writes:
> Liam Quin <liam holoweb net> said:
> > Where did 5:3 come from?
> Wild guess: It's the approximate ratio of screen width to height. The
> reason dialog boxes which approximate this ratio look nice has to do
> with how they line up with the rest of the screen.
Of course, it's also needed to provide limitation depending on the
application window size and/or the the size of the screen in general.
E.g., the width of a simple message dialog should not exceed what is
considered to hold a normal line (± 72 characters, or some more in case
of proportional fonts).
work : ke suse de | ,__o
: http://www.suse.de/~ke/ | _-\_<,
home : keichwa gmx net | (*)/'(*)
] [Thread Prev