Re: patch for gnome-libs/libgnome (include of gnome-defs.h in files using BEGIN_GNOME_DECLS)

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 07:33:50AM +0100, Mikael Hallendal <micke hallendal net> said
> Why should this be necessary? If I only want the funcionality of one of
> the files I can't see why including 100
> h-files (or 21 if only include libgnome.h).  As I see it a file should
> include the files it needs. In this case
> libgnome/gnome-util.h needs libgnome/gnome-defs.

Does it really make much of a difference?  It doesn't affect the generated
code much if at all.  Perhaps it would be a good idea though for these files
to contain either an #error or #warning "Do not include this file directly,
include either gnome.h, libgnome.h, or libgnomeui.h" or something like that.

just my 2c

--
Geoffrey Reedy                                       vader21 imsa edu

"Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1.  "You will never find a more
wretched hive of bugs and flamers.  We must be cautious."
				-- DECWARS