GNOME 1.4 Beta 1 package deadline: 2/15

Hi everyone,

This is a reminder that the deadline to have source tarballs ready and
on ftp.gnome.org is February 15, which is this coming Thursday.

If you need help uploading your tarball, please contact the release
team at <gnome-1 4-release-team gnome org> and someone will help
you. If you think you might miss the deadline but really really want
to get a newer version of some package into 1.4beta1, please contact
the release team and we will figure something out.

I have set up a gnome-1.4beta1-STAGING directory in
/pub/gnome/stable/staging. This directory will be renamed to
/pub/gnome/betas/gnome-1.4beta1 when we actually make the release.

Please do not link your packages into this directory yourself; have a
member of the release team do it for you. We are reachable by email
and it's pretty easy to find at least one of us on IRC most of the
time. It's most helpful if you send mail to the release team list to
let us know about new releases so we can make sure to link them in,
but we will look around the ftp site for the latest stable versions
for packages where we don't hear from the maintainers.

I think we are pretty much on track to ship GNOME 1.4 beta 1 on
February 17 as scheduled. On behalf of the release team, I'd like to
thanks everyone who's been pitching in to help.

 - Maciej Stachowiak