Cannot bind port 16001 error

I've asked this question on the users list and got no answer. I've
searched
through man pages, How-To's and the mail archives and can't find
anything
relevant. So I hope someone in developement can help me with this.
Recently when I start Gnome (version 1.2) the apps (random ones) either
react slower than normal or just don't come up. I've found when I log
out of X there are a lot of "Cannont bind port 16001" messages on the
console. Other than that there are no error messages. Can anyone help
me with this? I'm using Mandrake 7.2 with their default Gnome 1.2 setup.

Regards,
		Woodrow